Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 6 with Ayana

Ayana is so great. We spent about 45 minutes on the couch reading/looking at her books. She loves the Elmo book the best. We looked at it for 20 minutes. She is so smart. I would say the names of items in the book and point to them. We went all through the book identifying items. Then I would say items and she would flip to the page and point at them! She knew all of them! Sometimes she would even say the names if she could pronounce them. I couldn't believe she could focus that long...She's only 20 months old and I'm 23 and I can barely stay focused on one item that long! But she was just sitting in my lap the whole time. Then she took a fascination to my socks. I'm actually wearing Amber's socks because I forgot to pack my own! Don't worry Amber, I will wash them before you get them back! She would take one off of my foot and take off with it so I would chase her around the living room and get it back. She thought that was hilarious. I would put it back on my foot and she would do it again. We put the socks on her feet and it was so cute. They went all the way up to her knees but she liked wearing them. I wish I would have taken a picture because it was soooo cute!

-Lindsay

No comments: