Monday, March 9, 2009

Need your prayers...

I just found out that one of the families that is from our agency got the news that the little girl they were referred passed away. This was one of Ayana's Roomates at the orphanage.

Rick and I took pictures and video of this precious little one while we were picking up Ayana to give to her waiting family. She had the chicken pox but seemed fine. Please pray for The Dohrenwends...you can go to their blog for more details.

My heart is breaking and I am not even the mother. I am so upset. One of the stats out of Ethiopia is that 1 in 10 die before the age of one. I would like to think that the ones in an orphanage are not part of the 1 in 10 but the truth is, sometimes they are. It makes me so angry when children die because of things that can be prevented .We take these things for granted in the US on a day to day basis because we have it so good.

Oh Lord Jesus, please be with the birth family and the adoptive family during this rough time and I pray health over the children in that orphanage and for discernment of the staff and the right doctors and medicine in Jesus name. Amen

In memory of Beyonce-Age 1

4 comments:

mama becca said...

Oh Amber... that is heartbreaking... thanks for posting about it. I will be lifting up all who loved her...
becca

Special Delivery said...

This is truly heartbreaking. I am so sad for the Dohrenwends. I will be praying for them. I will also continue to pray for the health and well-being of the other children in the orphanage.

nancy said...

that is heartbreaking. you know, i saw that statistic first hand... i was in ET for 7 weeks. 3 of those weeks, i just sat at the orphanage all day holding Eden. There were 30 babies there and 3 died before my eyes in those 3 weeks.....

Anonymous said...

Hallo Amber.
We say hallo from Denmark.
Wau times go so fast. I am home alone wiht Luna by me side.
But Brian are takeing a break from work in 14 days from monday in nexy week.
I hope that you all are happy.
We are.
send me best to Rick.
Love Mette and LUna from Denmark