Monday, September 1, 2008

Another week down!



Well, this is the start to week 4 of waiting for our referral. It has been a crazy week. I was out of town on business all last week in Austin and Rick played Mr Mom at home to Savannah while she started her first day in junior high. I hated to miss it but Rick did a great job!

As soon as I got home, Rick had to drive to Louisiana to pick up his Aunt who had to evacuate due to the hurricane heading that way. His aunt, Toots, is very emotional because her home still has not recovered from Hurricane Katrina. She has been at our house for the last two days and Rick's sister Dee drove to our home from KC to pick Toots up and take her to her house for a while.

So things have been crazy but it has been nice having a long weekend!

1 comment:

Joy said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you. I know the wait is hard, but soon enough you will have your daughter. It sounds like you have been busy and having some fun times so that helps :). Take care!