So my surprise started last Friday. My assistant and I were so excited to treat ourselves to a lunch at one of our favorite places on break at the end of a hard week at work. We pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant and I was practically drooling because I was so hungry. Just then, my cell phone rang and it was my nanny. She has never called me at work before, so I immediately answered. She doesn't speak good English so she handed the phone to Olivia. Olivia comes over every 2 weeks to clean. Olivia sounded a little panicked so I was really getting concerned. She began to tell me the best she could in English, "snake snake!" I said, "Inside or outside?"
She said, "in Ayana's room!" What!!!!!!!?????? Oh my gosh, get out of there and I am on my way. So we left the parking lot of the restaurant and immediately headed to my house. We live only 3 miles form my work. When we got there, they showed me where the snake was. It was in Ayana's window, between the screen and the window. On the outside, thank God. The cleaner opened the shutters in Ayana's room to dust and discovered the snake. She was terrified, of course.
It was coiled up so I couldn't see all of it. My assistant and I went to the garage with our high heels on and grabbed a nine iron out of the golf bag, we knew what needed to be done. lol, can you imagine? What were we thinking!
So we are in our work suits and heels in my front yard with a nine iron and we begin to hit the screen lightly to get the snake to pull out of the screen. Mr. snake did not like that we were disturbing him. he came out of the cracks for us to see him. Just then his head popped out and I freaked out! My daddy taught me if it has a triangular head, it is probably poisonous. This snake definitely had a triangular head and was no gardner snake. So we stopped hitting the screen. It started attacking the window trying to get to us and you could see venom on the window! OMG!!!! So we called animal control and they came and got him out. Did they pull him out from the outside of the house? No, they came into Ayana's room and opened the window and pulled it out with a snake pole/catcher. Ughh!!!!
Turns out, it was a poisonous snake, it was a Trans-Pecos Copperhead Snake.
I captured a picture on my phone before animal control came out. Enjoy!
Actual snake in our window:
Look on the right hand side of the picture where the tail to get an idea
of how long it is. Some of it was up in the window seal.
I found the next picture on the Internet. This is the same kind of snake. UGHH!!!