Thursday, May 21, 2009

A birthday to remember...

When we were in the process of adopting, we really, really wanted to have our sweet pea home by the her 1st birthday. God really blessed us when we brought her home at 9months! We are so thankful to have her. I wasn't able to load all the video from the party but I got some of it.



We had so much fun on Ayana's birthday. Jessica, Rickey and Abby were in town to help us celebrate. In addition to having fun in the pool, she got gifts and have her very own cake! She loved squishing the cake and icing between her fingers.
Jess and Rickey got her two pairs of the cutest shoes ever! They are called Mooshu trainers. They have a squeeky thing inside them so they make noise when they walk which is totally amusing. There is a way to pull the squeeker out if you want.




Thank you Lord for such a precious gift! Happy Birthday sweet pea or as your dad would say, Happy Birthday scooter! We love you!

9 comments:

Leah Reeves said...

Fun! I love the cake pictures.....
She went to town on that cake!

Lindsay said...

Those shoes are sooo cool...it is histarical when she squeaks with every step! The slideshow was awesome too!

Emily said...

So cute! I'm going to have to get some of those squeaky shoes!

Debbie said...

I just love seeing 1st birthday cake pictures. It looks and sounds like it was a great 1st birthday.

Mona said...

What a Doll! Looks like everyone had a great time. I got a pair of squeakers for Janissa. I didn't know I could silence it. That's good news for Sunday mornings at church.

DG said...

We had a Scooter Poot of a time! Thank you so much for sharing her birthday with us, it was a blast! She is an amazing little girl and we are so lucky to have her in our lives. WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU GUYS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Beautiful Mess said...

Because I am leaving a comment on your page, that means I am a “follower” of your story I am not a random person just posting for posting sake.

I don’t know if this breaks blog etiquette or something. But I am risking it anyway.

I have posted a blog called “Extreme Makeover: Jesus Edition” about a family that needs our help.

Go, read, if you feel led.

Side note: for you adoption/foster advocates, there is another post that is “messing” with me if you care to check it out and comment. It is the previous post and it is called “Living Freely: Foster Care and THE CHURCH”

Hear my heart fellow bloggers, I am seeking nothing selfishly. Just trying to do the will of the ONE who sent me. Praise the Lord!

Kellyann said...

Looks like she enjoyed bathing in the icing and had fun!

Angela said...

Wow,

You guys had a blast. Ayana won't be needing any vitamins for lack of nourishment. She's has really grown before our eyes. One years old, wow!

Those shoes are really cute. She'll be running in them soon enough running everybody crazy.