Thursday, November 6, 2008

Baby Shower and other ramblings....

So many people have passed court from our agency in the last week or so. Very exciting! I am on the upswing from my surgery. Thank you for all of your prayers!

Rick and I are trying to take care of any health issues we may have before the baby comes. We have been putting off things we didn't want to do for a while so it seems like one of us is always in the doctors office.

I am behind on my blogging but I wanted to tell you about the baby shower that Cindy and my mom threw for me. They live in Kansas City where we lived before we moved to TX almost 2 years ago. We drove down and came back the next day.

It was so fun. We made it more of a cocktail party. One of the advantages to adopting is that you can have a cocktail at the baby shower. I hate baby shower games, so we didn't play any. We invited men and women who were our closest friends in Kansas City.

The party was at Cindy's house (one of my best friends) She had decorated it so beautiful!!! My mom is a wonderful chef so she catered the event. Everything was so classy! Cindy had a special cake made.It was so gorgeous. Black and white with a feather topper. I love feathers! Here is a picture of it...and it was the best tasting cake ever!!!

We saw friends that we haven't seen since we moved. It was so nice. I can't think of anything that would have made the shower any better! Cindy and mom, I love ya!!!

I have been working on the baby's room but have made slow progress. I will try to work on it more in the coming weeks. Pictures to come of that....

















11 comments:

Kristi J said...

That is the BEST cake I've ever seen..how awesome is that...everything looked so beautiful!! Congrats on a great shower...kristi

Melodie Monberg said...

That cake is amazing! WOW! Looks like fun and cements the reality a bit huh?

Glad you had fun!

Melodie

DG said...

I am so so so so so glad that everything went well with your surgery and that you and Rick both are on the mend. It's no fun to have it all done but it will surely pay off to have it out of the way before Ayana gets to come home. The shower pictures were great, thank you for letting us be a part of it, we had so much fun and it was a great experience to be able to be a part of. We love you!!! Miss you like crazy!

Lisa said...

Hi!
I stumbled upon your blog via Rachel's blog and I just had to say how beautiful I thought it was, most especially the thought provoking videos.
Congratulations on your newest bundle of girl and I pray she is home in your arms soon!
We are currently adopting from Taiwan & have a beautiful girl adopted from Kazakhstan in 2003. Adoption is such a blessing!
Best of luck to your family; I look forward to following along as you bring your newest miracle home.
Lisa C.
www.destination-taiwan.blogspot.com

Cory, Lisa, and Weredesh said...

That's so nice you had such a wonderful shower. And I'm glad to hear you're on the upswing from your surgery! One more month!! It will go quick, believe me!

~ lisa

Joy said...

What a great shower! I love that it was extra special to meet up with all your old friends and of course everything looked so beautiful and classy. I enlarged the gift picture and took a peek at your beautiful baby girl. She is just gorgeous!

imacootie said...

Soooo fun! That cake is awesome! Can't wait to see some pics of the baby room process. It's just so exciting!

Leah Reeves said...

Looks like fun!!!! I am so excited for you guys.

Rebecca said...

Fabulous shower!

Can't wait to see her room!

Lori S said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun!
We were just in Kansas City a couple of weekends ago for a football tournament!

rachel said...

what a cool idea. i love the idea of a cocktail party instead of a traditional shower for adoption. a definite perk! i'm also not so into the baby shower games. looks like so much fun and all of you women look dazzling!