Friday, October 10, 2008

Shout Out!

I would like to give a "Shout out" to Leah! We have a yahoo group for all the people adopting from Adoption Avenues and Leah is one of the families adopting. The group has turned out to be a huge support system and are becoming great friends. Anyway, Leah offered to ship a package to Ethiopia to our waiting babies in Ethiopia. Its not cheap but she still wanted to do it for us. So a bunch of us shipped stuff to her and she stuffed so much into one box that I didn't even think was possible. Check out the pictures at her blog of all the stuff that we send to out babies and the orphanage kids and workers. Amazing! Thanks Leah!

3 comments:

Leah said...

You are so sweet, Thank you! AND thanks for sending a box to your baby!Only a few did send something to their kids, and you are a awesome MOM that wanted to send something so I give YOU a SHOUT OUT! A court date will come, he is slow, did you write him, I HAD TO ASK, he did not tell me, I asked if one was ready for me. BE PUSHY GIRL and hope you are traveling with me!

Lisa J. said...

Amber,

I hope you get your date soon! My experience was that my questions were answered when he knew. Mainly, after you ask, he waits to hear from his Ethiopian contact and then lets you know. I agree that you should keep asking. I didn't find out until I asked. I don't think that AA is slow - it's a whole big process - but the referrals are fast from AA - so that's good and your date will be here soon! I got my referral right after the break, then my first (failed) court date for 5-6 weeks after, then my successful court date a week later. Can't wait to hear more.

I wish we had the AA yahoo group when I was in process. I think that it's great that you all have each other.

Leah Reeves said...

How nice of me......oh you have another Leah adoption friend.