Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Are you serious?

So here is where we stand in the whole process.
As I mentioned before, we thought we were done with all the paperwork. After we sent it in, they informed us that we needed to have all the notarized documents (which is all the documents in the dossier packet) need to be sent back to their originating state to get certified. This includes original birth certificates and more. This means that I had to write cover letters to 5 different states and of course write checks and fed ex the off. When we get the docs back from all 5 states then we will send off the completed packet to Washington to get authenticated. After that is complete, the packet will finally get sent to Ethiopia. At that point, the entire packet (dossier) will get translated into Amharic. After that is done, they will send it to the Ethiopian Supreme Court to set a court date...wow, so much. After that, just kidding I will tell you about that when the time comes.

So for now, just waiting to get the documents back....

3 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I deleted my previous comment cause I had spelling errors.....

You ARE certainly getting closer. Every step matters. I love all of your family pics....such a handsome family you have.
Hugs....Lisa
www.my2ethiopiangirls.blogspot.com

graceling said...

Hi Amber- thanks for stopping by:)

What agency are you using?